Karlee Wilson di waayu. Ts’msyenu ada Haíɫzaqvnúgva. La̱g̱a̱x haytga’nu da G̱anhada. Xlmduulxk ada Waglisla di wil ‘waatgu. Snuneymuxw di wil dzog̱u.

My name is Karlee Wilson. I am Tsimshian and Heiltsuk. I belong to the Raven clan. I am from Kitasoo and Bella Bella. Currently I live in unceded, stolen, Snuneymuxw territory.

I am a first year student in the Advanced Digital Design and Development program at North Island College. I enrolled in the program because it is one of the few programs of it’s kind combining aspects of both design, which I have been obsessed with since childhood, and digital development, which has interested me since my early teens.

This year I hope to attain excellent grades; to build a solid foundation of knowledge and understanding so that I may continue to achieve my future goals. Although the future as of now is uncertain, after this program I hope to create a career for myself in design and to be able to continue my education at Royal Roads University through their Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication.

From left to right in the above photo: myself, my mother, and two of my many aunties at the opening of Gvákva’áus Haíɫzaqv, the House of the Heiltsuk.